They say no man is an island, and no small business is, either. In fact, the most successful entrepreneurs know what roles they can handle, and which ones are better left to those who are better equipped. The truth is, there are only so many hours in a day and only so many things entrepreneurs can do well while awake.
While it may be easy to know when things are working well in your business, the signs are even clearer when they are not. If any of these scenarios ring true for you, or a Siouxland small business owner you know, it may be time to ask for help.
It’s time to get help with your small business financials when:
- You are watching your checkbook balance every day.
- The bank won’t loan you working capital.
- You have unexpected financial surprises, like your last tax bill.
- Your employee accountant can’t give you the information your business needs.
It’s time to get HR help for your small business when:
- Your work days and work week keep getting longer.
- Employee turnover is crippling your efforts.
- Family members in the business are driving you crazy.
It’s most important to get help with your small business when:
- The phone rings with customer complaints rather than orders.
- Your personal or family life is suffering because of the business.
- Your passion and morale are sinking, and you are considering jumping ship.
Owning and running a small business is no small thing; it takes a team of people to help you see where your business has been, where it is currently sitting, and where it could go. In times of trouble, it’s important to remember that your time and efforts may be exhausted, but your options are not. You can hire a part-time CFO, outsource your Human Resource needs, and get behind the scenes help so that you can make the most of the time you are punched in and the time when you are punched out.
Help is on the way. You just need to ask for it.
CFO Next is a firm dedicated to providing local, experience-driven business solutions to Siouxland companies and beyond. Offering interim CFO services, Human Resources and Compliance consulting, Information Technology services, and Accounting services, CFO Next is a small firm with a wide breadth of experience and industry knowledge; small enough to be personally invested in their clients’ businesses, yet large enough to be able to handle complicated corporate challenges.